Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Order of backup job submissions within single policy

2005-04-29 00:30:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Order of backup job submissions within single policy
From: Dean <dean.deano AT gmail DOT com> (Dean)
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 14:30:52 +1000
------=_Part_133_8936081.1114749052840

Charlie

The backups seem to start in the order the clients were added to the policy=
.=20

So to change the order, you could probably delete all clients from the=20
policy then add them back in the order you want. Or maybe you could change=
=20
the order of the clients in=20
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/class/<policyname>/clients

On 4/29/05, somogyic AT att DOT net <somogyic AT att DOT net> wrote:
>=20
> Hello All:
>  When there are many clients in a single policy and MPX is set so that th=
e=20
> servers can all thread to several drives, what is the order in which the=
=20
> clients are backed up? Is it a matter of when the client was added to the=
=20
> policy? Is it alphabetical? Or some internal algorithm? The issue arises=
=20
> since some threads occupy all the drives and some clients will not backup=
=20
> till drives become available; this in turn may cause issues since the cli=
ent=20
> needs to be backed up at a specific time. Is the only work around to crea=
te=20
> an individual policy for the client that needs to start at a specific tim=
e=20
> and set a higher priority?
>  Thanks in advance.
>  Charlie S.

------=_Part_133_8936081.1114749052840

Charlie<br>
The backups seem to start in the order the clients were added to the policy=
. <br>
So to change the order, you could probably delete all clients from the
policy then add them back in the order you want. Or maybe you could
change the order of the clients in
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/class/&lt;policyname&gt;/clients<br>
&lt;<a hre=
f=3D"mailto:somogyic AT att DOT net">somogyic AT att DOT net</a>&gt;
wrote:</span><blockq=
uote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 20=
4); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">

so that&nbsp;the servers can all thread to several&nbsp;drives, what is
the order in which the clients are backed up? Is it a matter of when
the client was added to the policy? Is it alphabetical? Or some
internal algorithm? The issue arises since&nbsp;some threads occupy all
the drives and some clients will not backup till drives become
available; this in turn may cause issues since the client needs to be
backed up at a specific time. Is the only work around to create an
individual policy for the client that needs to start at a specific time
and set a higher priority?</div>

------=_Part_133_8936081.1114749052840--