Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: advice on DR

2005-04-26 18:25:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: advice on DR
From: jason.e.crossley AT us.pwc DOT com (jason.e.crossley AT us.pwc DOT com)
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 18:25:45 -0400
--=_alternative 007B354185256FEF_=

I have done something very similar to what you are planning to do.  I am
looking for my documentation from the test but it was pretty simple.  If I
find it I will send it to you.  We DR'ed a clustered master, 4 media
server/w acsls system to a single master/media server to a SCSI controlled
tape changer without much issue.  It went roughly like this:
Install Netbackup and patch.
Run tpautoconf -a to configure the library.
Do a bprecover to pull the catalog in,
set the FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER to the name of the current system for
all the nonexistant media servers.
Remove the tapes logically from the robot.  In our case all the tapes
thought they were in the ACS robot, you may be able to skip this step if
you are using SCSI controlled loaders in production.
Inventory the library.
Kick off restores.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Jason Crossley
DCS Storage Management
Desk: 813-351-5027
Cell: 813-731-4111
jason.e.crossley AT us.pwc DOT com
Good, Fast, Cheap.  You can have any two of the three. - Unknown Architect

entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.   If you
received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.  PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP is a Delaware limited
liability
partnership.
--=_alternative 007B354185256FEF_=

what you are planning to do. &nbsp;I am looking for my documentation from
the test but it was pretty simple. &nbsp;If I find it I will send it to
you. &nbsp;We DR'ed a clustered master, 4 media server/w acsls system to
a single master/media server to a SCSI controlled tape changer without
much issue. &nbsp;It went roughly like this:</font>
library.</font>
the name of the current system for all the nonexistant media servers. </font>
robot. &nbsp;In our case all the tapes thought they were in the ACS robot,
you may be able to skip this step if you are using SCSI controlled loaders
in production.</font>
Jason Crossley<br>
DCS Storage Management<br>
Desk: 813-351-5027<br>
Cell: 813-731-4111<br>
jason.e.crossley AT us.pwc DOT com<br>
Good, Fast, Cheap. &nbsp;You can have any two of the three. - Unknown
Architect</font>
 information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.   If you
received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.  PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP is a Delaware limited
liability
partnership.</font>
--=_alternative 007B354185256FEF_=--