Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] advice on DR

2005-04-26 16:54:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] advice on DR
From: Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:54:51 -0500
--=_alternative 0072E38A86256FEF_=

We only have one master/media server running on Solaris.

We take a Solaris flasharchive of the master and burn it on a dvd.

We then apply the flash archive to the DR server and use BMR to recover
all our other systems.

Up to now, it has worked well.

The flasharchive is approaching 4GB, so we will need to move the Dual
Layer Dvd's soon.

Karl

veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu wrote on 04/26/2005 03:41:04 PM:

> Given a DR scenario that involves offsite tapes being shipped to the
> DR site, is there any documented procedure for recovering if the DR
> site will only have one server available to serve as a master/media
> server while the production environment has 1 master/media and 2 media
> servers?
>
> Is it possible to do a bprecover of all of the required media servers
> catalogs onto the one server or will this cause problems? Any ideas or
> suggestions? If I'm going to need 3 servers and supporting
> infrastructure at the DR site for the test being scheduled for august,
> I'm going to need to let somebody know ASAP.
>
> -Charlie

--=_alternative 0072E38A86256FEF_=

running on Solaris.</font>
master and burn it on a dvd.</font>
DR server and use BMR to recover all our other systems.</font>
so we will need to move the Dual Layer Dvd's soon.</font>
04/26/2005
03:41:04 PM:<br>
&gt; Given a DR scenario that involves offsite tapes being shipped to the<br>
&gt; DR site, is there any documented procedure for recovering if the DR<br>
&gt; site will only have one server available to serve as a master/media<br>
&gt; server while the production environment has 1 master/media and 2 media<br>
&gt; servers?<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Is it possible to do a bprecover of all of the required media servers<br>
&gt; catalogs onto the one server or will this cause problems? Any ideas
or<br>
&gt; suggestions? If I'm going to need 3 servers and supporting<br>
&gt; infrastructure at the DR site for the test being scheduled for august,<br>
&gt; I'm going to need to let somebody know ASAP.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; -Charlie<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Veritas-bu maillist &nbsp;- &nbsp;Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu<br>
&gt; http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/mailman/listinfo/veritas-bu<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>