Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] advice on DR

2005-04-26 16:41:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] advice on DR
From: Charles Ballowe <cballowe AT gmail DOT com> (Charles Ballowe)
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:41:04 -0500
Given a DR scenario that involves offsite tapes being shipped to the
DR site, is there any documented procedure for recovering if the DR
site will only have one server available to serve as a master/media
server while the production environment has 1 master/media and 2 media
servers?

Is it possible to do a bprecover of all of the required media servers
catalogs onto the one server or will this cause problems? Any ideas or
suggestions? If I'm going to need 3 servers and supporting
infrastructure at the DR site for the test being scheduled for august,
I'm going to need to let somebody know ASAP.

-Charlie