Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup for DB2

2005-04-24 06:51:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup for DB2
From: Eric.Ljungblad AT CopleyPress DOT com (Eric Ljungblad)
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 03:51:16 -0700
 The db1 and db2 / lawson should be on different tapes for speedy recovery.
lawson and db1 on the same tape is ok becuase db2 is double the
size. You must need redo02 as well? I perform these backups daily for HP
administrators and they have been happy for years including Disaster recover
at Sungaurd NY / Chicago sites.

1. First we use user  initiated backups from HP but if you do not thats OK
but the database should be shut down 1st.

Example:
2. Policy called DB file list include db1 / db2 / redo02 / lawson
    schedule is DB multiplexing =  1  media pool = DB - include
    4 tapes in the media pool - move db1 to the top of the file list and
    db2 to the bottom of the list, move lawson up under db1 and redo02
    just above db2.
3.  Then set policy attributes to allow multiple data streams -

    This should work? I suggest Multiplexing set to 2 for this ? Incase a
tape runs out of space?
Thanks