Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas Reality Check some questions.

2005-04-19 10:25:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas Reality Check some questions.
From: bwindle AT wlgore DOT com (Bobby R Windle)
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:25:29 -0400
--=_alternative 004F397085256FE8_=

Question #1:
I have been using Veritas NetBackup DataCenter and now Enterprise Server,
for four years now and have been very happy for the most part.  Over the
past couple years backing up large volumes of data has proliferated the
industry and it surely is a task we all have to accomplish today. I have
had
very large Netware Volumes that require long periods of time to backup. Of
course if it fails you just don't have the window to restart these jobs so
I waited for two years for Veritas to offer check point restart. It
doesn't seem to work!  Any one else have this problem? Is it just me?

Question #2:
I just invested a huge amount of cash on a NetApp R200.  I needed large
amounts of Storage.  On the filer I have shares that are 2 and 3TB.  Now
I'm reading  a technote that there may be problems restoring using  NDMP.
If data  stream was over 1TB!  Possibly a catalog limitations etc. Nice!
Anyone out there run into this problem?  I may have data that I can not
recover.  Is Veritas going to fix this? Anyone know anything about this?

BTW.  We spend a heck of a lot of money for Veritas  licenses &
maintenance support. ?  Do you?

Bobby Windle
W.L. Gore & associates, Inc.
bwindle AT wlgore DOT com
cell : (302) 588-7374 (preferred)
office: (410) 506-4117    fax: (410) 506-4400
--=_alternative 004F397085256FE8_=

DataCenter and now Enterprise Server, &nbsp;for four years now and have
been very happy for the most part. &nbsp;Over the past couple years backing
up large volumes of data has proliferated the industry and it surely is
a task we all have to accomplish today. I have had</font>
long periods of time to backup. Of course if it fails you just don't have
the window to restart these jobs so I waited for two years for Veritas
to offer check point restart. It doesn't seem to work! &nbsp;Any one else
have this problem? Is it just me?</font>
on a NetApp R200. &nbsp;I needed large amounts of Storage. &nbsp;On the
filer I have shares that are 2 and 3TB. &nbsp;Now</font>
may be problems restoring using &nbsp;NDMP. &nbsp;If data &nbsp;stream
was over 1TB! &nbsp;Possibly a catalog limitations etc. Nice! Anyone out
there run into this problem? &nbsp;I may have data that I can not recover.
&nbsp;Is Veritas going to fix this? Anyone know anything about this?</font>
of money for Veritas &nbsp;licenses &amp; &nbsp;maintenance support. ?
&nbsp;Do you? &nbsp;</font>
Bobby Windle<br>
W.L. Gore &amp; associates, Inc.<br>
bwindle AT wlgore DOT com<br>
cell : (302) 588-7374 (preferred)<br>
office: (410) 506-4117 &nbsp; &nbsp;fax: (410) 506-4400</font>
--=_alternative 004F397085256FE8_=--