Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] two masters updating single volume database

2005-04-14 13:17:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] two masters updating single volume database
From: Ian <goodbloke AT gmail DOT com> (Ian)
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:17:37 +0200
Hi Eric,

Thanks for the update.

I set the volume db host and robot host on the second master to the
first master.
I used tpconfig to do this.
I also made sure that the globaldb  was set to the first master using
tpautoconf -set_gdbhost <first master>
I also set the NOT_DATABASE_HOST option in vm.conf on the second master.

The above setup gives me access to the drives and robot configured on
the first master.
But I cannot see any media or volume pool information. I only see the
default volume pools created after install. Perhaps I misunderstand
the concept of the volume database.

I just tried using the vmglob -set_gdbhost <first master> -h <first_master>.
No change. Still can't read media or pool info from first master on
the second master.
But robot and device config appears fine.