Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Copy media without vault

2005-04-13 11:51:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Copy media without vault
From: Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com (Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com)
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 09:51:09 -0600
What you want is the "bpduplicate" command.  It can copy by tape id.  ITC is
about making more than one copy at backup time so that's not really
applicable to your situation.

If there's only one tape, the only thing I can think to do is create a disk
storage unit, duplicate the tape to the filesystem using bpduplicate, then
reduplicate the disk image back to a tape.  Time consuming & you'll need
enough disk to hold the tape images but it should work.

-M