Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vault takes a long time -- mostly idle or something

2005-04-12 13:30:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vault takes a long time -- mostly idle or something
From: kris.williams AT hp DOT com (Williams, Kristopher L)
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 12:30:47 -0500
There is a file called detail.log located under the vault directory.

I might be a little off on the path, but I think it is
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/vault/<VaultName>/<session ID number>/detail.log

You can look in this file and see what vault is doing during the period
of time where activity monitor shows no activity. There is something
going on, NetBackup is searching through all of your volumes and pools
to find tapes that need to be vaulted.

Don't always trust the activity monitor to show you what it going on. It
might look like nothing is happening, but most times something is.

Thanks,

Kris