Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Jobs hangup

2005-04-12 09:26:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Jobs hangup
From: pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:26:54 -0400
Check out this technote:

Also, from: http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/268122.htm :

Message Queue parameters: On some UNIX platforms with NetBackup
configurations, it can be necessary to increase the system's message
queue resources to avoid bpsched hangs.

For example, the following changes may need to be made to the
/etc/system file:
set msgsys:msginfo_msgmap=500
set msgsys:msginfo_msgmnb=65536
set msgsys:msginfo_msgssz=16
set msgsys:msginfo_msgseg=8192
set msgsys:msginfo_msgtql=500

This one above hit us every other week for about 2 months. Running NB
5.0 MP3.
Put in the above fix, and it has been good since Dec 31st 2004.

Run the following:

#grep bpsched /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bpsched/log.<current> |grep -i
hang

If you find any results, then it's probably the message queue
parameters.

Paul