Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Resolution of my status 54 error code

2005-04-07 12:25:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Resolution of my status 54 error code
From: rmcgee AT csusb DOT edu (Rich McGee)
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 09:25:53 -0700
With help from several great and knowledgeable folks on this list, my
status code 54 error has been eliminated.

It turns out that the person responsible for the Solaris backup server had
placed "files, dns" in the nsswitch.conf file,
and my (failing) client was the only address included in the /etc/hosts
file. I removed it from there, and
things started working again. Odd, because the IP address was correct....

Now, I'm off to find out why this "change" happened, but that's another
story ;)

Thanks again to everyone who helped!

-Rich McGee
CSU San Bernardino