Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1 and NTFS mount points

2005-04-01 12:42:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1 and NTFS mount points
From: mjungaro AT capitolindemnity DOT com (Ungaro, Matt)
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 11:42:04 -0600
Gurus,
        Does NBU 5.1 handle NTFS volumes that are mounted to directories
instead of drive letters? I have a SQL cluster with multiple SQL instances,
and I'm starting to run low on drive letters (3 drives per instance), so to
alleviate the problem I am going to start assigning one drive per instance,
but then mounting the other necessary volumes to paths instead of assigning
them drive letters. But before I do this, I want to make sure that Netbackup
understands this. Thanks in advance for any help.

Matt