Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup Audit script...

2005-03-30 08:24:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup Audit script...
From: Blayne Puklich <blayne AT puklich DOT com> (Blayne Puklich)
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 07:24:08 -0600
Some time back I cobbled together a hack that might do what you want.
Basically, it prints out all the schedules for all the policies in more of
a timeline format.  Is this what you're trying to give them?  Here's a
sample of what it does:

Day of Week   Start   Length  Class Name          Schedule Name (X =
inactive)
============  ======  ======  ==================  ===================
Sunday        00:00   03:00   prd2                Monthly
                              prd2                Weekly
                              prd2                Year-End
                      04:00   prd5                Daily
              00:30   04:00   dev1                Daily
                      04:30   prd1                Daily
Monday        00:00   03:00   prd2                Daily
                      04:00   prd5                Daily
              00:30   04:00   dev1                Daily
                      04:30   prd1                Daily

--On Tuesday, March 29, 2005 11:26 AM -0600 "ZIMMER, RANDY K [AG/1000]"
<randy.k.zimmer AT monsanto DOT com> wrote:

> Has anyone written a script to do a backup audit?  We have something in
> place to get information about our backups but the hardest thing to get
> is the days of the week the backup runs. The user comes back and says I
> see my backup is active but when does it run?  Can anybody help on this?
>
> Randy Zimmer
>
> Unix System Administrator
>
> Monsanto Enterprise Infrastructure Team
>
> Office:  314-694-3109
>
> Pager:  314-294-7966
>
> rkzimm AT monsanto DOT com

---
Blayne Puklich             Minneapolis, MN       PGP Key ID: 0xC52CA6C1
* mailto:blayne at puklich.com
         I'd explain it to you, but your brain would explode.