Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Send socket errors

2005-03-25 03:23:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Send socket errors
From: marcel.drunenvan AT nl.unisys DOT com (Drunen van, Marcel)
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 09:23:51 +0100
Shyam,

Errors 10053 and 10054 are TCP/IP errors. The most probable cause is old
drivers/firmware on your NIC cards. I assume they are Gigabit? Also
check the port speed setting on switch and NIC. Should be 100
MBit/FullDuplex on both sides on a 100 MBit LAN, somewhat more difficult
on Gigabit LAN, but if possible go to 1 Gbit/FullDuplex.

First check all those NICs. I had several customers with the same
problems. Updating NIC drivers and disabling Teaming solved the problem
and seriously increased performance.

Regards,

Marcel