Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] backup not capturing all data (Long...sorry)

2005-03-18 08:38:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] backup not capturing all data (Long...sorry)
From: pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 08:38:58 -0500

Will check that first thing today.
Did you mean they were created in the future?
If I do a FULL backup, it shouldn't matter if they were created in the
past, before or after the last FULL, correct?
I haven't (yet) run into an issue with files being created in the
future.

> The other thing to check is to make sure that somebody didn't
> put in an
> exclude for the directories below this point.

Done....definately not that.

> I sure made a DBA happy when he created his archive logs in
> the past (he
> gzip'ed them up and by default the date on the gzip file is
> the date of
> the first file) and none of the gzip'ed files made it to tape...  all
> the backups completed with a status 0 - it successfully backed up
> nothing...

The file was gzipped with a past date, but a FULL picked it up, correct?

Paul