Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Hundreds of millions of files

2005-03-08 13:21:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Hundreds of millions of files
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 12:21:11 -0600
I'm interested in talking to people who need to manage hundreds of
millions of files.  These are typically <50K, but there are a lot of
them - over 300,000,000 currently on a single Windows cluster.
Naturally, there are a few issues associated with this :-(
Our file store is also growing at a rate of over a million files per
day.

If you're responsible for serving out lots and lots of little files, I'd
appreciate an offlist e-mail from you.  I'm researching new technologies
that we could use to minimize our pain and would like to know what works
and what doesn't work in the real world.

Thanks,
        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA