Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Show all backups that have done by media server X

2005-03-02 11:04:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Show all backups that have done by media server X
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 10:04:09 -0600
On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 11:48:50AM -0300, Daniel Suzuki wrote:
> Hi friends,
>
> I need a help to solve my problem.
> My environment consist in:
>    1 - Master Server Solaris
>    5 - Media Servers Windows and Unix.
>
> I need to determine which volume backuped for each Media Server.
> How to show all backups that have done by each media server? Through the
> command bpimalist? which parameters???

I don't think that this is easy to do.  What we're currently doing is
using MRTG to view the switch ports and we look at the throughput on
that.  We're not graphing total I/O through the ports although we do
that if we wanted to.

I've asked Aptare to do this their StorageConsole product but it's not
there yet.  It's certainly a worthwhile thing to know so that you can
balance the load across your media servers.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org