Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Network performances dropped since upgrade

2005-02-24 16:03:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Network performances dropped since upgrade
From: pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:03:57 -0500
The V240 has GigE interfaces.

If you plugged it into a 100Mb/s switch, it may not have auto negotiated
properly.

Try hardcoding the interfaces to 100FD

Try this:
bash-2.03# dmesg|grep -i full
And/or
bash-2.03# dmesg|grep -i half

And see what it reports your net connection as.

If you find an entry reporting half, that's your prob.

Drop a script in /etc/rc2.d with the following in it:
(assuming you're using bge0....or replace with correct # for each
interface in use.)

ndd -set /dev/bge0 adv_1000fdx_cap 0
ndd -set /dev/bge0 adv_1000hdx_cap 0
ndd -set /dev/bge0 adv_100fdx_cap 1
ndd -set /dev/bge0 adv_100hdx_cap 0
ndd -set /dev/bge0 adv_10fdx_cap 0
ndd -set /dev/bge0 adv_10hdx_cap 0
ndd -set /dev/bge0 adv_autoneg_cap 0

I'm not sure, but I think you may be able to specify for the bge device
in general, and specify the instance separately, but I've just done it
as above, and it works.

Paul