Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] patch behaviour

2005-02-24 12:48:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] patch behaviour
From: roger AT dcvast DOT com (Roger Dombrowski)
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:48:20 -0600
I swear (I know its not nice) I've seen posts about applying a Netbackup
patch but not seeing the correct patch revision displaying in the "Help>
About Netbackup" on Wintel clients.

We have a W2003 Netbackup client which we patched from
4.5 -> 4.5 MP6 -> 4.5 MP8. After rebooting and reinstalling the patch
a couple of times, the "About Netbackup..." window still show us only
being at patch MP6. The :\Program Files\Veritas\bin\version file also
only shows us at MP6 even though the patch "exe" runs seemingly without
errors and we see references to the MP8 patchlog in the
:\Program Files\Veritas\Patch folder.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

--
Roger Dombrowski                                dcVAST, Inc.
roger AT dcvast DOT com                         1327 Butterfield Rd.