Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] netbackup 5.1 issue

2005-02-18 08:07:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] netbackup 5.1 issue
From: Bobby.Williams AT gtsi DOT com (Bobby Williams)
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 08:07:39 -0500
It appears that you have defined your tapes as HCART and your tape
drives as "hcart2".

Since you have no HCART media available (my assumption from you output
below), you have no media defined as HCART2 which is what your storage
unit is looking for.

You have to define your tapes as the same density as your tape drives.

(By the way, been there, done that.  It took me 3 hours to determine how
I messed up the same thing.)

Bobby Williams
Senior Systems Engineer
GTSI Corp, State and Local, Southeast