Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Convert Master to Media server ?

2005-02-10 10:52:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Convert Master to Media server ?
From: fmilton AT deloitte.co DOT uk (Milton, Fergus (UK - Bath))
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:52:28 -0000

------_=_NextPart_001_01C50F88.85DA078A

Hi,
I have a 4.5 Master Server that I would like to "convert" if possible to
make it into a Media Server that can be used with another existing
Master Server. The catch is that I imported loads of final archive tapes
(for normal servers as we decommissioned them) into this old Master, and
I don't want to have to do the same again to make the records available
in the new Master.
Is such a thing possible, and can anyone suggest any links that may
help. I have been searching the main Veritas site but the search seems
very clunky and I'm sure doesn't reveal half of what's there.
Regards,
    Fergus

Fergus Milton
Deloitte.

Direct: +44 1225 739250
Main: +44 1225 739300
Mobile +44 7775 711450
fmilton AT deloitte.co DOT uk
www.deloitte.co.uk
=20
IMPORTANT NOTICE
If you have received this e-mail in error or wish to read our e-mail =
disclaimer statement and monitoring policy, please refer to the =
statement below or contact the sender.
This communication is from Deloitte MCS Limited whose registered office =
is at Hill House, 1 Little New Street, London EC4A 3TR, United Kingdom.  =
Registered in England No 3311052. =20
This communication and any attachments contain information which is =
confidential and may also be privileged.  It is for the exclusive use of =
the intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s) =
please note that any form of disclosure, distribution, copying or use of =
this communication or the information in it or in any attachments is =
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this =
communication in error, please return it with the title "received in =
error" to IT.SECURITY.UK AT deloitte.co DOT uk then delete the email and =
destroy any copies of it.
E-mail communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, =
as information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, =
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  We do not =
accept liability for any such matters or their consequences.  Anyone who =
communicates with us by e-mail is taken to accept the risks in doing so.
When addressed to our clients, any opinions or advice contained in this =
e-mail and any attachments are subject to the terms and conditions =
expressed in the governing Deloitte MCS Limited client engagement =
letter.
Opinions, conclusions and other information in this e-mail and any =
attachments which do not relate to the official business of the firm are =
neither given nor endorsed by it.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C50F88.85DA078A

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3DUTF-16">

                                                                <META
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3DUTF-16">
charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.0.6603.0">
<TITLE>Convert Master to Media server ?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
                                                        <BODY >
                                                                <DIV>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hi,</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I have a 4.5 Master Server that I =
would like to &quot;convert&quot; if possible to make it into a Media =
Server that can be used with another existing Master Server. The catch =
is that I imported loads of final archive tapes (for normal servers as =
we decommissioned them) into this old Master, and I don't want to have =
to do the same again to make the records available in the new =
Master.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Is such a thing possible, and can =
anyone suggest any links that may help. I have been searching the main =
Veritas site but the search seems very clunky and I'm sure doesn't =
reveal half of what&#8217;s there.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Regards,</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Fergus</FONT>
</P>

<P><B><FONT COLOR=3D"#000080" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Fergus =
Milton</FONT></B>

<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#000080" SIZE=3D1 FACE=3D"Verdana">Deloitte.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT COLOR=3D"#000080" SIZE=3D1 FACE=3D"Verdana">Direct: +44 1225 =
739250</FONT>

<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#000080" SIZE=3D1 FACE=3D"Verdana">Main: +44 1225 =
739300</FONT>

<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#000080" SIZE=3D1 FACE=3D"Verdana">Mobile +44 7775 =
711450</FONT>

<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#000080" SIZE=3D1 =
FACE=3D"Verdana">fmilton AT deloitte.co DOT uk</FONT>

<BR><A HREF=3D"file://www.deloitte.co.uk"><U></U><U><FONT =
COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D1 =
FACE=3D"Verdana">www.deloitte.co.uk</FONT></U></A>
</P>
<BR>

</DIV>

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
                                                                <DIV>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana" COLOR=3D"gray" SIZE=3D"1"><STRONG>IMPORTANT =
NOTICE</STRONG></FONT>
</DIV>
                                                                <DIV>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana" COLOR=3D"gray" SIZE=3D"1">If you have received =
this e-mail in error or wish to read our e-mail disclaimer statement and =
monitoring policy, please refer to the statement below or contact the =
sender.</FONT>
</DIV>
                                                                <DIV>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana" COLOR=3D"gray" SIZE=3D"1">This communication is =
from Deloitte MCS Limited whose registered office is at Hill House, 1 =
Little New Street, London EC4A 3TR, United Kingdom.&nbsp; Registered in =
England No 3311052.&nbsp; </FONT>
</DIV>
                                                                <DIV>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana" COLOR=3D"gray" SIZE=3D"1">This communication and =
any attachments contain information which is confidential and may also =
be privileged.&nbsp; It is for the exclusive use of the intended =
recipient(s).&nbsp; If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note =
that any form of disclosure, distribution, copying or use of this =
communication or the information in it or in any attachments is strictly =
prohibited and may be unlawful.&nbsp; If you have received this =
communication in error, please return it with the title "received in =
error" to </FONT><A HREF=3D"mailto:IT.SECURITY.UK AT deloitte.co DOT uk"><FONT =
FACE=3D"Verdana" COLOR=3D"gray" =
SIZE=3D"1">IT.SECURITY.UK AT deloitte.co DOT uk</FONT></A><FONT =
FACE=3D"Verdana" COLOR=3D"gray" SIZE=3D"1"> then delete the email and =
destroy any copies of it.</FONT>
</DIV>
                                                                <DIV>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana" COLOR=3D"gray" SIZE=3D"1">E-mail communications =
cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information could be =
intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed, arrive late or =
incomplete, or contain viruses.&nbsp; We do not accept liability for any =
such matters or their consequences.&nbsp; Anyone who communicates with =
us by e-mail is taken to accept the risks in doing so.</FONT>
</DIV>
                                                                <DIV>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana" COLOR=3D"gray" SIZE=3D"1">When addressed to our =
clients, any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail and any =
attachments are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the =
governing Deloitte MCS Limited client engagement letter.</FONT>
</DIV>
                                                                <DIV>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana" COLOR=3D"gray" SIZE=3D"1">Opinions, conclusions =
and other information in this e-mail and any attachments which do not =
relate to the official business of the firm are neither given nor =
endorsed by it.</FONT>
</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C50F88.85DA078A--