Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB 4.5, VCS nodes, and Oracle BLIBs

2005-02-07 16:53:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB 4.5, VCS nodes, and Oracle BLIBs
From: David Magda <dmagda+vertbu AT ee.ryerson DOT ca> (David Magda)
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 16:53:53 -0500
On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 02:51:13PM -0600, Ed Wilts wrote:
> No it won't - at least it doesn't for us.  The client_name
> parameter is effectively ignored.  We have one name in the policy
> and a different name in the bp.conf file and backups (and more
> importantly, restores) work fine. We typically initiate our
> restores from the master server, not the client.

Yes, you're right.

As mentioned before we are currently running 4.5 (straight, no FPs
installed). It turns out that the last time it was tried was before
the move to 4.5 (using 4.0 or some such). Everyone simply assumed
that it was still an issue with 4.5 and didn't bother re-evaluating
it until I came along (I'm the new guy that doesn't know any
better :).

We'll be initiating this on our secondary (testing / QA) machines
first, and then moving it production servers a little later.

Thanks for all the help and quick responses everyone.