Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows client hangs

2005-02-06 10:53:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows client hangs
From: john.poplin AT medtronic DOT com (Poplin, John)
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 08:53:13 -0700
        We are experiencing a problem with the VSP (Snapshot) on our Windows
        2000 Servers. Approximately 1-2 times per week in our environment of
        approximately 50 servers, we have the VSP process hang causing one of
        a few different problems.

        1. VSP hangs causing bpbkar32.exe to remain running. We Unable to
        forcefully kill the process, and system requires hard restart.
        VSPCache files stay on the drives.

        2. VSP hangs causing system to completely lock up. Hard restart
        required. This has caused corruption in some other parts of the
        systems such as MSQueue service.

        Has anyone else had symtoms like this? We see this throughout our
        environment, which consists mainly of HP Proliant servers, however we
        have seen this happen on some of our older HP/Digital servers also.
        All systems were built from scratch, not ghosted, and run various
        applications. The only 2 3rd party applications that exist on all
        systems are BMC Patrol and McAfee Antivirus