Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Two Masters One Library

2005-02-03 14:42:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Two Masters One Library
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 13:42:29 -0600
--lCAWRPmW1mITcIfM

* Len Boyle <Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com> [2005-02-03 14:13]:
> Hello Ken
> =20
> We do that.=20
> =20
> We have different prefix's for the tapes that belong to different masters=
=2E Then there are rules on the acsls server that determine which master ca=
n access which ranges of tapes.=20

We could use that as well. Currently we use NetBackup barcode rules to
put the tapes in DoNotUse pools. It works, but it causes reporting
headaches.

What version of acsls are you using, too? we will be upgrading to 7.1
shortly.

--=20
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com