Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpdbjobs -most_columns: field descriptions?

2005-01-28 09:11:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpdbjobs -most_columns: field descriptions?
From: Blayne Puklich <blayne AT puklich DOT com> (Blayne Puklich)
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 08:11:45 -0600
I believe these are correct for bpdbjobs -all_columns, -most_columns and
even -gdm.  I got a little tired of counting the field offsets all the time
so I created this to help.

Field all_columns       most_columns            gdm
 0/ 1 jobid             jobid                   jobid
 1/ 2 jobtype           jobtype                 jobtype
 2/ 3 state             state                   state
 3/ 4 status            status                  status
 4/ 5 class             class                   class
 5/ 6 schedule          schedule                schedule
 6/ 7 client            client                  client
 7/ 8 server            server                  server
 8/ 9 started           started                 started
 9/10 elapsed           elapsed                 elapsed
10/11 ended             ended                   ended
11/12 stunit            stunit                  stunit
12/13 try               try                     subtype?
13/14 operation         operation               classtype?
14/15 kbytes            kbytes                  schedule_type?
15/16 files             files                   masterserver
16/17 pathlastwritten   pathlastwritten         kbytes
17/18 percent           percent                 files
18/19 jobpid            jobpid                  percent
19/20 owner             owner
20/21 subtype           subtype
21/22 classtype         classtype
22/23 schedule_type     schedule_type
23/24 priority          priority
24/25 group             group
25/26 masterserver      masterserver
26/27 retentionunits    retentionunits
27/28 retentionperiod   retentionperiod
28/29 compression       compression
29/30 kbyteslastwritten kbyteslastwritten
30/31 fileslastwritten  fileslastwritten
31/32 filelistcount     filelistcount (always 0)
32/33 [files]...        trycount (always 0)
trycount
[trypid,trystunit,tryserver,trystarted,tryelapsed,tryended,
trystatus,trystatusdescription,trystatuscount,[trystatuslines]...,
trybyteswritten,tryfileswritten]...

There's extra junk after the tryfileswritten that I don't know how to
interpret just yet.  Also, three of the -gdm fields are guesses right now.

For folks that don't know the -all_columns output has a variable number of
fields after field 31/32.  -most_columns really gives you about everything
you need anyways, and it runs a LOT faster.

There's one gotcha I ran across this week with the -gdm output.  The lines
from bpdbjobs have comma-separated fields, but for a Vault job the storage
unit has an unescaped comma in it which throws the field count off when
you're trying to parse it.  -most_columns handles this correctly.  I don't
know if this is a known bug, a feature or what.

Enjoy!

--On Thursday, January 27, 2005 10:30 AM -0700 Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com