Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Problems with Media

2005-01-25 15:32:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Problems with Media
From: jennifer.hooper AT peregrine DOT com (Jennifer Hooper)
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 12:32:26 -0800
As it turns out... I'm working with Veritas to straighten out my media.
Someone... Prior to me taking over the system in September...  PUT DUPLICATE
BARCODE LABELS ON THE TAPES!!!  As it turns out, this really screws up your
volume database, not to mention all of your backups are pretty much
useless.. That may be contained on those media DI's.  *FEH*  So now I'm in
the process of pulling all of the dupes out of the library and seeing if we
can continue on from there.  It won't do a proper volume inventory because
it keeps stopping on the dupe tapes.

Anyone got a way to see what media ID a tape in a slot *really* is? :P

Thanks,

Jen