Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disk Staging & Storage Unit Groups

2005-01-19 11:17:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disk Staging & Storage Unit Groups
From: pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 11:17:23 -0500

Should be fine.....

> if the disk staging area fills up on the
> first server,
> backups continue to go to it and all fail with 84.

At least it doesn't cause NB to completely hang/freeze like it did to me
several times.

> Ideally, thinking about it, I'd like backups to go to all
> three staging
> areas in parallel, but I can't think how to achieve this.

Go into Policy, then into Schedules, then open a schedule.
Check "Multiple copies" then click "configure".
In each box, select a different DSSU.

Backup jobs will write the *same* data to each DSU in parallel.
You have the option of telling it what to do if one fails (fail job, or
continue with others)

You'll take a *small* performance hit for each extra parallel job your
write (each additional storage unit)

Paul