Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Urgent- Netbackup 5.1 Autoloader wont eject tape

2005-01-13 07:40:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Urgent- Netbackup 5.1 Autoloader wont eject tape
From: monique.marais AT alindigo DOT com (Monique Marais)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 14:40:16 +0200
Hi there,

I'm hoping to get some help on a problem we've had since before the Xmas
period.

We installed netbackup with all relevant MP's on a windows 2003 server.
We're using a Quantum Autoloader as the Robotic/Tape Device. What happens is
that the Robot doesn't release a tape after the backup is complete so the
next backup fails.  The device itself says "Drive Stopped". We've chatted
with Veritas UK engineers and still there's no solution.  Quantum have
directed us to Veritas as they assume that the problem is not on their side
either.

Backups don't always fail, they sit there waiting to mount, but the device
wont release the previous tape to mount the next.

If anyone's had this problem or knows how we can get over it, it would help
alot.

( we have used all the necessary drivers for both the OS and the device.
even veritas drivers that are labelled as "do not use". we have set services
to manual and back again. - we have tried everything we possible can. We
used robtest, and it was successful. but why doesn't netbackup have the same
effect?)

Thanking you in advance.

Monique Marais
Support Engineer
SUN Hardware
African Legend Indigo (Pty) Ltd

Business:   +27 11 808 6300
Fax:        +27 11 802 0795
Cell:       +27 83 397 2377
Region:     South Africa
Website:    www.alindigo.com

This e-mail and attachments relating thereto, is intended for the
above-mentioned recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly
notify the sender and delete it immediately as it contains information
relating to the official business of African Legend Indigo (Pty) Limited,
which is confidential, legally privileged and proprietary to African Legend
Indigo (Pty) Limited.  African Legend Indigo (Pty) Limited does not own and
endorse any other content. The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail
are those of the sender unless clearly stated as being those of African
Legend Indigo (Pty) Limited.