Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 3.4.1 to 4.5mp6

2005-01-12 00:57:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 3.4.1 to 4.5mp6
From: WTSmith AT Maine DOT edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 00:57:59 -0500
Diaz, Gustavo wrote, in part:

> Any problems doing this upgrade? Any thing we should be aware of?
> Caveats?
>
> We have a Windows2000 server/media server and a mix of Solaris and
> Windows clients.

Unless you have really old operating systems that are no longer
supported in version 5, choosing version 4.5 over version 5 doesn't make
sense to me.  Also, the current Maintenance Pack is MP8 for v4.5.  I
would think v5.1MP1 is a very good choice, with consideration to
v5.1MP2, probably out shortly.

In (probably) less than 6 months, version 6 may be out ... and at that
point your v4.5 will be two releases old ... how active do you expect
Veritas to be fixing something two versions old? (not very)

Just my thoughts ...
cheers, wayne