Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] new version

2005-01-10 11:37:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] new version
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 10:37:27 -0600
J?r?me Meyer wrote, in part,  on 1/10/2005 10:51 AM:

>I'm using Veritas Netbackup Datacenter version 4.5.
>Now, the new version is Netbackup Enterprise Server 5.0 or 5.1

5.1 is current.

>Any ideas when the next release 5.2 appears and the following ones
>5.3,...6.0 ?

I haven't heard of 5.2 but I did attend a presentation on 6.0 in
December.  The release date is still about 6 months out and is very much
subject to change.  The feature set is not even frozen yet.

>Because I don't wish to make a upgrade version let us say 5.1 and two
>months later, again with 5.2 or 5.3!

There are always going to be maintenance patches.  Every 2 months is not
unreasonable.

>Could we update without problem from 4.5 to 5.1 or 5.2?

Sometimes there are problems and sometimes there aren't.  Going to be a
brand new release right away makes it more likely that you'll see the
problems.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org