Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Configuring priority of selection of images for restores...

2005-01-06 10:20:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Configuring priority of selection of images for restores...
From: rob AT worman DOT org (Rob Worman)
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 09:20:54 -0600
Mike-

There is only one way to control the "prioritization" of
copy selection at restore time, it's by way of the
"primary copy" concept.

For each image with multiple copies, the image DB includes
a specification of which of those copies is "primary".  The
primary copy is the ONLY copy that will be used for any
operation that wants to read that image.  (restore,
duplicate, import, verify)

It is possible to view/change this information (which copy is
primary) via the "Catalog" node of the NetBackup GUI,
or else you can use the bpimagelist and bpchangeprimary
commands at the commandline.

HTH
rob