Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Hung Jobs

2005-01-05 13:00:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Hung Jobs
From: wtsmith AT maine DOT edu (W. T. Smith)
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 13:00:15 -0500
Are the jobs really running slower, I wonder, or has transmission stopped, thus
having the Admin Console show a slower and slower rate as time passes?

Is it possible that the jobs are waiting for something?  I've seen jobs be
apparently hung, but really they were waiting for a tape, when another job
(usually a vault duplication) "stole" it.

Since going to 5.1MP1, I occasionally have a bunch of Oracle backups hang.
When I have the client owner look at the client side, he says the client
"thinks" the jobs completed long ago and there are no current connections to
the backup server. The images involved do not make it into the catalog :-(

NetBackup could certainly use better facilities for reporting the state of the
backup server and its jobs.

cheers, wayne