Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP backup problem

2005-01-05 11:13:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP backup problem
From: David McWilliams <davidkmcw AT gmail DOT com> (David McWilliams)
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 11:13:34 -0500
Here's a brief summary of the situation.

We are getting '99' errors, ie NDMP problem, while backing up '/' from
the NetApp filer. It goies for about 20-30mins before erroring out

I checked filesystems, all OK
I reduced his amount used by snapshots
I backed up /etc, it worked OK
I set CLIENT_READ_TIMEOUT = 9600 in the /usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf
I created a /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bptm, bpbrm & bpsched
directories, but the logfiles only seemed to mention the standard 'a
file or directory in the path does not exist' error
I am seeing an error getting generated in the /etc/messages file on
the filer that appears to coincide with the time that the backup
fails;

[adpch_intrd:error] Tape (10a.2
hard media error: Sense key (S) ASC (15) ASCQ (2)

I tried switching the NDMP drive with the regular drive and the
problem persists.

--
Checkout the, sometimes updated, McWilliams family website @
http://davidmcw.tripod.com