Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] identifing tapes used for duplication

2004-12-30 11:19:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] identifing tapes used for duplication
From: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 16:19:51 +0000
Dean wrote:

>What Jason said about setting up a seperate pool for duplicates is the easiest.
>
>But if you can't do that, you can use bpimagelist -l and I think the
>2nd or 3rd field is the copy number.
>

>On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 15:49:16 +0000, Dave Markham
><dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net> wrote:
>

>>I have just done a new install for a customer and now use media managers
>>and other things i have not used before.
>>
>>I have a standard script which identifies tapes written per a variable
>>schedule so many hours ago.
>>This is fine for working out which are weekly full tapes etc, but i have
>>now had to implement a tape duplicating system.
>>
>>I have got bpduplicate working and am going to launch it from
>>sessions_notify or from cron and wait for jobs to finish. The problem is
>>i then need to automatically identify the tapes bpduplicate wrote TO so
>>ops can remove them in the morning.
>>
>>Any ideas?
>>
>>Dave

Right thanks

Yeah i have an offsite tape pool to use, i just need to identify those
tapes used each day.
I suppose i could list all tapes of that pool in the jukebox, but it
would be nicer to see which tapes were actually used.

I can do this on a schedule basis which is how i identify tapes used for
weekly, monthly backups with bpverify -p -sl <weekly_full> -hoursago n

So i guess theres no way to say what tapes used in what vol pool hoursago ??

Cheers
Dave