Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] multiplexing & Confused

2004-12-29 17:00:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] multiplexing & Confused
From: kpr_faq AT yahoo DOT com (Ra pa)
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 14:00:08 -0800 (PST)
Hello All

I am kind of little confused with multiplexing. Here
is the layout...

Software - Netbackup enterprise 5.0
One stoarge unit - (L700) with two  LTO - II tape
drives

In media manager storage unit .........

Maximum Concurrent Drives used for backups is set to -
2
Multiplexing enabled and is set to - 8

In the master Server

In the master server global attribute - Maximum jobs
per client is set to - 4

In the policy...........

In the policy Attribute window - Multiple data stream
is enabled
In the policy schedule window - media multiplexing is
set to - 8
In the policy there is one client with 5 file system
(C:\,D:\.E:\,F:\ and G:\ )

My questions are

1) If i run the policy how many jobs will be active
and how many will be in queue

2) Will the multiplexing(8) will effect for only one
drive? or both drives

3)Also if some one explain this terms ( Multiplexing,
Multiple DataStream,)

4) What is difference between setting MTX value in
storage unit and policy
schedule? How the maximum jobs per client setting will
affect this??

thx
KPR=