Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disabling Test Unit Ready (TUR) commands

2004-12-29 16:58:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disabling Test Unit Ready (TUR) commands
From: LoylessM AT pcaobus DOT org (Loyless, Maureen)
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 16:58:10 -0500
Hi all,

I hope someone has had experience with this and can help.

I have a NBU 5.1 master and media servers in one of my locations.
Master is on W2K and media is W2K3.  Both are at NBU 5.1, MP1.

The media server is fibre attached to a Dell PowerVault 136T (an
undercover Adic).  4 times a second, it sends out a TUR request to the
library.  Here's what it looks like when I view the serial connection:

12/29/04 16:47:56 SCSIDONE TUR: Status good
12/29/04 16:47:57 SCSI[H0] TUR
12/29/04 16:47:57 SCSIDONE TUR: Status good
12/29/04 16:47:57 SCSI[H0] TUR
12/29/04 16:47:57 SCSIDONE TUR: Status good
12/29/04 16:47:58 SCSI[H0] TUR
12/29/04 16:47:58 SCSIDONE TUR: Status good
12/29/04 16:47:58 SCSI[H0] TUR
12/29/04 16:47:58 SCSIDONE TUR: Status good
12/29/04 16:47:59 SCSI[H0] TUR
12/29/04 16:47:59 SCSIDONE TUR: Status good
12/29/04 16:47:59 SCSI[H0] TUR
12/29/04 16:47:59 SCSIDONE TUR: Status good

I have tried the MS KB suggestion in article 842411:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;842411

However, after a reboot, the registry entries go away.  I have tried it
as myself, as the local admin, without VirusScan enabled, and there are
no GPO's that are preventing me from doing so.

Anyone have a similar experience or a possible solution?  Is NBU
replacing these registry items, thus overwriting what I wrote?

TIA!
Maureen

Maureen Loyless
Systems Engineer
Public Company Accounting Oversight Board
(703) 547-6414 - t
(202) 368-9673 - m
loylessm AT pcaobus DOT org

Mele Kalikimaka!

The information contained in this electronic message and/or its attachments is
intended for the named recipient(s) only.  The electronic message and/or its
attachments may contain confidential, non-public or privileged information
disclosure of which is restricted by applicable law, including the federal
securities laws. If you are not an intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient(s), do not
copy, distribute or rely on the information contained herein.  If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply
and immediately delete this message and any attachments.  Unless otherwise
noted, any views expressed in this message and/or its attachments are those of
the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of the PCAOB or its staff.