Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] duplication vs multiple copies

2004-12-29 08:51:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] duplication vs multiple copies
From: dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net (Dave Markham)
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 13:51:55 +0000
Im after some advice.

Netbackup 5.0 MP3 on Solaris with 2 media servers.

I backup my network clients over night and have a requirement for
offsite storage.
In order to keep a restore capability on site i need to duplicate my
backups.

I was wondering what people preferred to do. I have seen the multiple
copies function which i can write to a different vol pool, or i could
just duplicate the images written.

Im wondering how you can automatically run the duplication job when
allbackups have finished because you dont know what time that will be.

I was thinking of launching a duplication script from cron and checking
if any jobs are still running with the output of "bpdbjobs -report |grep
-i active" but dont know if this is a clean way

Any ideas?

Cheers
Dave