Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bptm : Input/output erro

2004-12-22 10:39:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bptm : Input/output erro
From: len.boyle AT sas DOT com (len boyle)
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 10:39:06 -0500
Hello Umesh

Is this windows or an *nix media server?

Do it look like hardware problems or like the catalog is pointing to a tape
which does not have the expected data written on it.

Are you seeing any scsi errors in the os logs. Is the tape library or drive
showing errors?
If so can you try another tape drive?

Any errors in dmesg/messages or the netbackup logs that make it look like
the tape could have been overwritten? Esp bptm.

Good luck.

len