Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Strange messages after upgrade to Netbackup 5.0 MP3

2004-12-20 07:37:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Strange messages after upgrade to Netbackup 5.0 MP3
From: Nick.Toye AT ingenta DOT com (Nick Toye)
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:37:26 +0000 (GMT)
Can anyone help with the following please.

We have just upgraded our Netbackup Master/Media Server to Netbackup 5.0
MP3 from Netbackup 4.5 MP6, running on Solaris 8.

All the clients (mainly Solaris, a couple of NT) are currently still
running at Netbackup 4.5 MP6.

Since the upgrade we have started seeing some strange messages in the
reports logs.

(1) During a backup session, a lot of the following message

    File: ../nbe_cat_ImgRecord.h Line: 201: invalid Index

(2) After a backup session and at the start of the database backup,
a lot of the following message (seems to be one for each backup job that
has run in the session).

    0 stat of Scheduled_Backup_1234567890_INCR Failed

Regards,

Nick Toye
Systems Administrator
ingenta plc
1 Riverside Court
Lower Bristol Road
BATH
BA2 3DZ
Tel: +44 (0)1225 361123
Email: nick.toye AT ingenta DOT com

*  www.ingenta.com                           *
*  Ingenta: Empowering the exchange of       *
*  academic and professional content online  *