Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Solaris DR

2004-12-16 17:25:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Solaris DR
From: Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:25:11 -0600
--=_alternative 007B271886256F6C_=

BMR is defiantly the way to go.

We have 5 Solaris and 11 windows servers that are being BMR'ed.

We are lucky in that we have a single Netbackup Master server(with no
media servers) running on Solaris 8. BMR runs on the same box as our
master server.

We use Solaris's flasharchive to protect and quickly rebuild our Solaris 8
Netbackup master server.

The flash archive is small enough to get burnt on a 4.3GB DVD for the time
being.

If we loose our Solaris netbackup server, we simply boot another server
with the install CD/DVD and then load the flash archive from another DVD
drive.

The rest get's BMR'ed as per the procedures.

It works pretty well.

Karl
--=_alternative 007B271886256F6C_=

being BMR'ed.</tt></font>
server(with no media servers) running on Solaris 8. BMR runs on the same
box as our master server.</tt></font>
rebuild our Solaris 8 Netbackup master server.</tt></font>
a 4.3GB DVD for the time being.</tt></font>
boot another server with the install CD/DVD and then load the flash archive
from another DVD drive.</tt></font>
--=_alternative 007B271886256F6C_=--