Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Client Install

2004-12-16 10:10:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Client Install
From: ChrisCosta AT tdwaterhouse DOT com (ChrisCosta AT tdwaterhouse DOT com)
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:10:42 -0500
I did not try that but I did perform an normal custom installation and
during the install I unchecked the option to start the client service after
installation. After the installation was complete I ran the "regedt32"
utility and looked for the HKLM > System > CurrentControlSet > Services >
NetBackup Inet Daemon > ImagePath key. There was a "garbled" string
statement that should have pointed to the bpinetd.exe file. I entered a
"legible" path statement to the bpinetd.exe file and then I was able to
start the NBU Client Service Manually without issue.

Veritas support said it is a common issue with NT servers.