Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Mystery problem using Java Admin client on Windows

2004-12-15 12:32:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Mystery problem using Java Admin client on Windows
From: ckstehman AT pepco DOT com (ckstehman AT pepco DOT com)
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:32:53 -0500
I had this problem on a Linux client. It was a library issue, and/or the
incorrect
version of the Netbackup Client.  I am not sure about Windows.  Is there
anything
different with the failing box?
=============================
Carl Stehman
PHI Services Company
202-331-6619
Pager 301-765-2703
ckstehman AT pepco DOT com

             Geoff Hazel
             <geoff_hazel@yaho
             o.com>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

             veritas-bu-admin@                                          cc
             mailman.eng.aubur
             n.edu                                                 Subject
                                       [Veritas-bu] Mystery problem using
                                       Java Admin client on Windows
             12/15/2004 12:04
             PM

I have 4 people at my shop that use the Java client on Windows to
connect to Netbackup.  3 of them work fine, but the 4th gets a dialog
box "Unable to login, status - 505 Can not connect to the NB-Java
authentication service on the configured port - 13722"

I've checked his hosts file, it's OK.
I try to connect with the IP address, it still gets the same error.  He
has XP2, and we first entered that port number and a couple others I
found in the exception list, no help, and then disabled his firewall,
no help.
I reinstalled the sofware, no help.

I can duplicate the problem on my box if I put in an incorrect IP
address.

He can ping the server.  The server can ping him.

I'm pulling my hair out.  This is my BOSS and it would be great if I
could get it working, y'know?  Especially when the other 3 of us have
no problems.  I don't think there's anything on the server, is there?
We're all connecting as "root".

Any ideas what to try or look at next?

NBU 3.4

This Email message and any attachment may contain information that is
proprietary, legally privileged, confidential and/or subject to copyright
belonging to Pepco Holdings, Inc. or its affiliates ("PHI").  This Email is
intended solely for the use of the person(s) to which it is addressed.  If
you are not an intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for
delivery of this Email to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this Email is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please
immediately notify the sender and permanently delete this Email and any
copies.  PHI policies expressly prohibit employees from making defamatory
or offensive statements and infringing any copyright or any other legal
right by Email communication.  PHI will not accept any liability in respect
of such communications.