Veritas-bu

Antw: RE: [Veritas-bu] Veritas DB infrastructure and organisation

2004-12-08 04:41:44
Subject: Antw: RE: [Veritas-bu] Veritas DB infrastructure and organisation
From: jerome.meyer AT pax DOT ch (Jérôme Meyer)
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 10:41:44 +0100
All my restore are starting (by console) from master server and not from client!
What do you means by "...to perform the same task from the actual server..."?
servers that I restoring from aren't the same task that the master server? I
really dont' understand!

-jmm

>>> Eric Ljungblad <Eric.Ljungblad AT CopleyPress DOT com> 08.12.2004 09:39:52

 The only reduction in time is to perform the same task from the
actual server you are restoring from or increasing the master server
responsible response time, restoring from the client you are restoring to
generally takes much less time to start from and complete a restore than the
backup server becuase it may be busy?