Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backups running slower for no apparent reason?

2004-12-07 14:52:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backups running slower for no apparent reason?
From: Mathew.Kirsch AT PaeTec DOT com (Kirsch, Mathew (Matt))
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:52:49 -0500
We're trying to maximize performance per the "Veritas Netbackup Performance
Tuning for Version 3.2/3.4" document. It says we should use a setting of
NUM_DATA_BUFFERS of 32.

What should I be looking for in the bptm log? I have 120MB of raw text data
to go through, and knowing what to look for would be helpful.

Thanks for the info!