Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Manual DB backup script via cron

2004-12-06 18:09:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Manual DB backup script via cron
From: dale AT daleking DOT org (Dale King)
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 10:09:28 +1100
On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 10:37:20AM -0600, Lewick, Taylor wrote:

> I was wondering if I could kick off a DB backup manually using command
> line syntax in a script called via cron.  If there are backup jobs
> running, would the command line version force it to kick off?

Hi Lewick,

Check out the man page for the command:
        /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpbackupdb

This should do what you want.  At our site we run it with no arguments
from Cron twice a day - it doesn't matter if scheduled jobs are running
but obviously it's better to avoid this situation if you can.

Regards,
Dale