Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restart vnetd?? Netbackup 5.0_M2

2004-12-06 16:32:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restart vnetd?? Netbackup 5.0_M2
From: kevin.denton AT eds DOT com (Denton, Kevin M)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 15:32:44 -0600
All,

I'm trying desperately to figure out how to "restart vnetd". I'd prefer not
to restart Netbackup as a whole if it can be avoided. I've been fighting
Veritas documentation (or lack there of) and firewall issues all day.

Specifically, I'm trying to turn on vnetd logging per Veritas System
Administrator's Guide for Unix Vol. I. On page 345, it states "Create a
vnetd directory in the following location, then restart vnetd". I've created
the directory but am unable to bounce vnetd to enable the logging.

I'm thoroughly confused. I assumed vnetd works similar to sshd. If I check
the activity monitor, vnetd is not listed as a running daemon. If I check ps
-ef|grep vnetd, sure enough, vnetd is not a running process. However,
netstat appears to show that connections are coming in via vnetd...

Any suggestions for 1) confirming vnetd is "running" and 2) restarting it so
logging can occur?

I'm running Netbackup 5.0_M2 on Solaris8.

Thanks,
Kevin Denton