Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Speculate: all media managers tldd die nearly at the same time

2004-11-30 11:27:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Speculate: all media managers tldd die nearly at the same time
From: Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com (Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:27:30 -0700
Yup, according to the oncall guy, all the tldd's on all the media servers,
except that master, died.

Restarting the daemons did work.

Connectivity is standard 10/100 ethernet. I don't have switch information
but that was a thought I had, that some network fault killed the others.
The master, of course, doesn't really need a network connection to
communicate with itself.  I'm not sure of the way tldd connects with the
master server (or probably the robotic control host, same thing in my case)
and tldd's need to maintain that connection.

Media servers are SSO via SAN to the tape drives.

-M