Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can't change tries to zero - need to know how to stop backups from running.

2004-11-29 23:50:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can't change tries to zero - need to know how to stop backups from running.
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 22:50:31 -0600
--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb

* WILLIAMS, KRISTOPHER L <kris.williams AT hp DOT com> [2004-11-29 22:20]:
> De-activating all the policies isn't really that bad, even if you have ma=
ny of them.
>=20
> Here is the windows command I use to do it. I'm sure there is a similar "=
for" command that could be used on Unix.
>=20
> For /f %i in ('bppllist.exe') do bpplinfo.exe %i -modify -inactive

This _is_ bad if you already had policies that were inactive for a
reason. Now you have to worry about keeping track of them so that you
don't inadvertantly re-activate a policy that should _not_ be active.

--=20
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb