Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1 MP1 Vault Report Issues

2004-11-29 17:15:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 5.1 MP1 Vault Report Issues
From: briandiven AT northwesternmutual DOT com (briandiven AT northwesternmutual DOT com)
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:15:46 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4D660.F9BC179E

I am running the above with an HP-UX Master/Media Server configuration.  =
We upgraded from NBU 4.5 FP7 over the holidays.  Vault reports are being =
sporadically provided.  We opened a case with Veritas who stated a known =
bug when multiple vault reports end at the same time.  Has anyone else =
seen this issue and resolved it?

We do run multiple vault reports for basic vault stuff and duplications =
of D2D to get them to tape.  The catalog backup no longer fits on an IBM =
3590 cartridge, so we began running 2 basic vaults simultaneously ... =
one doing the 3590 tapes and the other doing the new 3592 tapes (900 GB =
cart that holds our catalog).  The majority of tapes that get vaulted =
are 3590's, so this now finishes quickly because it doesn't back up the =
catalog and we can get them out of the tape library early each day.  The =
vault of the 3592 tapes has very few tapes but takes about 4 hours =
because it is also doing the catalog backup.

These 2 vault jobs don't end at the same time, but they do run =
concurrently.  Just wondering about anyone elses experiences.

Brian

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4D660.F9BC179E

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
6.5.7226.0">
<TITLE>NBU 5.1 MP1 Vault Report Issues</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I am running the above with an HP-UX =
Master/Media Server configuration.&nbsp; We upgraded from NBU 4.5 FP7 =
over the holidays.&nbsp; Vault reports are being sporadically =
provided.&nbsp; We opened a case with Veritas who stated a known bug =
when multiple vault reports end at the same time.&nbsp; Has anyone else =
seen this issue and resolved it?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">We do run multiple vault reports for =
basic vault stuff and duplications of D2D to get them to tape.&nbsp; The =
catalog backup no longer fits on an IBM 3590 cartridge, so we began =
running 2 basic vaults simultaneously ... one doing the 3590 tapes and =
the other doing the new 3592 tapes (900 GB cart that holds our =
catalog).&nbsp; The majority of tapes that get vaulted are 3590's, so =
this now finishes quickly because it doesn't back up the catalog and we =
can get them out of the tape library early each day.&nbsp; The vault of =
the 3592 tapes has very few tapes but takes about 4 hours because it is =
also doing the catalog backup.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">These 2 vault jobs don't end at the =
same time, but they do run concurrently.&nbsp; Just wondering about =
anyone elses experiences.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Brian</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C4D660.F9BC179E--