Veritas-bu

RES: [Veritas-bu] CLI Activity Monitor equivalent

2004-11-25 16:37:18
Subject: RES: [Veritas-bu] CLI Activity Monitor equivalent
From: carlos_listas AT yahoo.com DOT br (Carlos Alberto Lima dos Santos)
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 19:37:18 -0200
        Hi Kevin,

        Use the bpdbjobs command.

T+

Carlos Alberto Lima dos Santos
Eng. de Computação
Campinas-SP - Brasil
* carlos_listas AT yahoo.com DOT br
icq 123987362

-----Mensagem original-----
De: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
[mailto:veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu] Em nome de Kevin Freels
Enviada em: quarta-feira, 24 de novembro de 2004 15:56
Para: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Assunto: [Veritas-bu] CLI Activity Monitor equivalent

Greetings!!

I searched through my archives, but didn't see anything regarding this exact
tip/trick, so my apologies if this slipped past me.

I'm looking for a way via a CLI that I can get a daily output of the jobs
that have run in the last 24 hours and some details of what they backed up.
bperror can do some of this, but it seems to only provide some of the policy
info, not really the stuff you would see in the "details" in the GUI for a
particular job.

When I run bperror with a "-backstat -U" or "-backstat -L", I get a lot of
info about the status for each job, but I need to see what particular
directories are backed up by the job. Some of these jobs are kicked off by
cron jobs on the client (since we have to wait for the particular dirs to
reach a "settled" state), so bperror reports the client and the start/end
times, but not the dir I specified in the bpbackup command on the client.

Any hints?

If I need to, I can run a bperror listing based on job ID, parse it out, and
then run info based on each job ID if I have to, but that's a lot of work if
something easier exists!  :-)

As always, thanks for the tips! Happy Thanksgiving!!

....k